Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crowdfunding Real Estate Debt and Equity Investment Performances
I started Real Estate crowdfunding investing in Jan of 2014. Of the 31 deals I invested about half were debt and half equity. For the most part they have been good investments, some better than others. The key is to do your due diligence. The only bad one was very much preventable. I just made a mistake by investing in it.

My Investments;

Patch of Land - 9 Investments. - I invested about once a month into their debt deals. All have paid on time and I have averaged over 12% interest. One was paid back in about 6 months. Very pleased with Patch of Land

RealtyShares - 9 Investments - 5 debt and 4 equity. They have all paid on time and close to projected cash on cash returns. One hybrid debt/deal is delayed, but they are current and have paid a 20% return to date. I agree with Mark they have great communication. Another top notch platform.

Real Crowd - 5 Investments - all equity. All 5 are preforming to expectations. one is paying about 1% more than projected and one is lagging 1%. The one lagging is 8% preferred, so It should come later. Real Crowd vets the Sponsor more so than the deals. They only allow the experienced large players on the platform. They charge NO fees to investors and I love that.

Realty Mogul - 4 Investments - all equity. 3 investments are on track and on projections. One investment has been a home run. My very first investment was a shopping center, Westpark plaza. The game plan was a 3-5 year hold. They hoped to refinance in 3 years and return 80% of our investment. Things went better than planned and after just 10 months they refinanced the project and returned 100% of my investment plus a 6% return. Now I still keep my equity %, but have no skin in the game. I am very pleased with Realty Mogul. They do a great deal of Due diligence up front, but they charge for it. The platform fee is 1-2% annully.

IFunding - 3 Investments - 1 equity and 2 debt. One investment is paying on time and on projection. A ground up development is 3 months behind schedule. The third investment has not gone according to their plan, but I should have never invested in it. That mistake is on me. ifunding has changed its fee model over 4 times since I joined. That concerns me.

Fundrise - 1 Investment - equity - It is a commercial building at UNC - Chapel Hill, my Alma mater. Its beating projections by about 5%. It looks like Fundrise has changed its focus from equity deals to debt deals. They set it up so you could join "networks" of large developers. I joined quite a few and have not had any correspondence from the networks. That seems to be dying on the vine.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crowdfunding Real Estate Debt and Equity Investment Performances - 大房东 - 01-12-2015, 12:34 AM